Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Wicked Lion

Wow!  I hadn't realized how long it's been since I posted!

I really don't have anything particularly interesting to write right now, but I will be working very hard to give you something interesting to read over the next few weeks.

In the meantime, I'd like to talk about a thought/story that's been rattling around in my head long enough that I'm gonna have to do something about it soon.  I struck me as I was watching The Lion King in 3D.  On that note, I found it interesting that the 3D in this movie that was originally hand-drawn was significantly better than the modern Thor.

As I was watching the movie, I kept thinking about the musical (and apparently book) Wicked.  For those of you who don't know, the important thing about Wicked is that it twists the story of The Wizard of Oz so that the Wicked Witch of the West is the good guy and a victim of the "good guys" portrayed to us.  While watching The Lion King, I couldn't help but think about how easy it would be to do the same thing for Scar.  Since it has been several days and the idea continues to grip me, I feel I must act on it.

I've thought about several ways of writing it.  Right now I'm leaning toward doing it in an episodic style.  Basically, that would mean that I would write the story in smaller chunks that I would work very hard to get out on a regular basis rather than write it in one big push and have it out on the most dreaded of all days:  Someday.  I'll probably make that decision once I actually start writing it.

It should be an interesting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment