Thursday, March 31, 2011

Nature's Masterpiece

I'm kinda pushing it on my self-imposed midnight deadline, so I'll keep it short, quick and to the point.
"The family is one of nature's masterpieces."  -George Santayana
I spent the afternoon and evening with my grandma, cousin, and baby cousin at the hospital.  Don't worry everything's OK.  In fact, while hospital's for most people are a place of traumatizing memories and at the very least discomfort, for me they have always been a rather happy place where family gathers.

No, I'm not morbid or crazy.

Well, I may be crazy, but that's another matter entirely.

My dad is a doctor, so he always had access to the hospital.  I also grew up without cable, so whenever there was something on a cable channel that we wanted to watch, my family would go up to the hospital and watch it in one of the empty rooms.  Since then, I have never really been at the hospital for the terrible events, but have often been there shortly after when all of the family gathers around to be with each other.  Good times.

Family is very important to me and is awesome.  I love them.  I love hanging out with them.  I love making fun of them.  I love when they make fun of me.  But I'm also very protective of them as they are of me.  We watch out for each other.

Obviously, today I'm feeling very family-oriented today.  This is for several reasons beyond me having hung out with my extended family all day that I won't get into here.

I will, however leave you with one final thought:

If you hurt any of us, we will show you just why our family motto is "No Mercy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment