Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Extrablogular Authoric Activity

I've spent the last couple of days focusing on authoric endeavors other than the kind of material that I normally post on this blog.  For instance, yesterday, I spent most of the afternoon finishing the second piece of my novel, and today, I spent a chunk of my evening writing pieces of a couple of songs.

While my songs will likely never be heard or read by most of the world, I do need people to proofread my novel.  If you're interested, email me at veebjamn@yahoo.com.

My little song writing spell was inspired by watching the newest Disney Channel Original Movie (yes, I watch Disney Channel movies) called "Lemonade Mouth".  If you are a fan of the whole High School Musical type movie, it's pretty good.  It's about a group of high school students form a band as a form of expressing themselves to the authority figures in their lives.

Has anyone else noticed that Disney has a long-running theme of rebellion?  Think about some movies and their themes.
  • Beauty and the Beast - Rebellion against social norms
  • Aladdin - Rebellion against propriety
  • High School Musical - Rebellion against the status quo
  • Robin Hood - Rebellion against the king
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Rebellion against the governing body
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - Rebellion against the trading company
  • Pinocchio - Rebellion against a parental figure
  • Peter Pan - Rebellion against a parental figure
  • Pocahontas - Rebellion against a parental figure
  • Ratatouille - Rebellion against a parental figure
  • The Sword in the Stone - Rebellion against a parental figure
  • The Little Mermaid - Rebellion against a parental figure
  • Cinderella - Rebellion against a parental figure
Did you ever get the feeling Walt Disney didn't get along well with his parents?  I'm not going anywhere with this.  I just thought it was an interesting observation.

Due to my extrablogular authoric activities, I have not been able to develop any good topics to write about.  As I mentioned last week, I would appreciate any suggestions on topics.  I would like to know what you would like to hear about.  However, keep the topics broad and somewhat unbiased.  If you try to press your opinion on me, I may play Devil's Advocate and argue for the other side just for the heck of it.

As I said earlier, I need people to proofread the first part of my novel.  Please let me know if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment