Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Story Telling

Happy Tell A Story Day!!!

A few weeks ago, I looked up several obscure holidays.  Tell A Story Day was one of them.  I wish I could tell you a story about the origin of Tell A Story Day, but I can't find an origin.  However, in honor of this preposterously underappreciated holiday, I am not going to write an elaborate blog today.  Instead I'm simply going to give you some recommendations of stories you should read.
  • The Death of Hobii - I wrote this story for an English assignment last semester.  Sadly, it is my attempt at a happy ending.  If the title doesn't give it away, it is bittersweet at best.  You could say its a love story, but with some major twists!
  • Belphegor - I'm not sure how to explain this one.  It's full of mystery and intrigue.  I absolutely love it, but I'm extremely biased.  If you like your stories tied up with a nice bow on top, don't bother reading it.  It's just not that kind of story.
  • The Fire Builder - This was the first story I wrote with my favorite character I have ever created.  So far, he's survived TWO stories!  That's kind of a big deal for me.  It's also a pivotal story in a series of interconnected tales that have only begun to unravel.
  • JP - A truly beautiful story.  Guy meets girl.  Guy falls for girl.  A happy ending.  Sigh.  Every time I read it, it brings a tear to my cheek.  I highly recommend this one!
  • Cherubim - This story isn't complete.  It's just a preview of the novel I'm working on.  By the way, if you read it and like it, I'm still looking for some people to proofread the second part.  If you're interested, please email me at veebjamn@yahoo.com.
Sorry, but given the holiday, I couldn't resist taking the opportunity for some plugs.  But, really, what could possibly be a better use of a blog than free advertising?  Really?

If you have a story, you would like to tell me, let me know.  I'd be more than happy to read it.  If I like it enough, I may even put it on my website or promote it here!  I always love a good story . . . and I've occasionally been known to enjoy a bad one.

No comments:

Post a Comment